Friday, March 14, 2008

120308-140308 Sacred Odyssey

Finally I am back from my 3days 2 night field camp at Tekong. It's been quite some time since I last been for a field camp. However, for this time round, there is a twist to it. No more scoldings, no more punishment like push ups, no more shouting, no more stress, no more competitiveness...

During this 3 days, we were located at a camp site in Tekong. We stayed in bunk with safari beds, fans. There is no combat rations to kill our intestine, and to add on, we have freshly cooked food from the field camp kitchen. We have well facilitated toilets and a field camp toilet. So what so special about this field and what learning's I gained by far:

1. I managed to eat the food served by the field kitchen, which is like a thousand time better than my camp's cookhouse. The food are served fresh and hot!!! Especially during the scene that I remembered clearly during yesterday down pour. Yesterday, it was the exact commencement of the exercise of mad reading and getting lost and finding stations to showcase our leadership quality. However, lao tian never stand on our side, it started to rain like cats and dogs. Then during lunch time, I was served with a cup of hot soup by my staff sergeant at the training shield, one word:'terrify!!!'

2. The field toilet. Hahaha... The scene for this part is a total joke. Apparently, we were told to use the field toilet, as they are trying to test the system. It was said to be equiped with hot water system and we have 5 minutes of bathing time. However, the heater is officially break down and whats left is the cold water. Nevertheless, 3 of us took the courage to give it a slot... Hahaha... The funny thing is that we are seperated with curtains and we rushed ourself through bathing... We were like:" eh ang you done>? oh no... Will the door opened after 5 minutes?! Faster!!!"

3. I was touched with the fact of having my friends remembering about my out-field and bothered to sms me or call me. Thanks for the concern about the heavy down pour yesterday...You guys gave me the strength somehow to carry on... =)

4. A story to share... Actually during this 3 days, we started of with orientation ice-breaking games on the first day. I was lucky to be mixed with a group of encouraging and fun-filled asses. I have 3 JC maintenance asses from national jc(jason), nanyang jc(ben), victoria jc(cher li) and 1 poly friend(ahmed) and 1 brunei sergeant and 3 fatties!!! Hahaha... Together the 8 of us were led by madam chan(captain) throughout the whole day. We ventured through the dense vegetation, left our boot markings on te many muddy road, dripped our sweats at the many stations and gathered our spirit along the journey. In fact, we longer walking distance, got lost here and there, but we didn't get pissed with other. We laughed throughout and cheer on each other... I remember clearly about this station, spider web. Getting one to the other side, without touching the web. Imagine sending 4 fatties over, hahaa... Let's talk about team work and trust... We got it. Thank god!!
Actually to my surprise, the heavy rain did not deemed our spirit down, it brings us up high. We are more energised and full of a motivation to carry out. Proven under the statement given by our madam. She is shocked too with our spirit... Honestly, out of the 3 field camp I ever been through, this haven't never been so shiok in my life before... For the 1st time, I gave no complaints and scared of what so ever.. I am all ready to be part of the team and to lead...
Time flies, and the journey back to the base with the winning of a rover, gives us more fun... Imagine, 8 fellows in a rover... Hahaha... Travelling on mud at high speed... One word:" Exciting"...
Then the last night reaches and it was filled with laughter... Each team to perform 2 cheers, we did our best and received positive feedback. Thanks to the 7 guys and 1 lady for making this 3 days a wonderful start for me... Thanks...

5. will showcase the photos once i got it.... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home