Monday, October 15, 2007

Amazingly, 4 months of BMT life have just passed somewhat peacefully. Thus I would like to take this opportunity to sum up the life by far. Life so far is peaceful, as stated above… Whether to have ‘’ or not, it really depends on your mindsets. Things can be deemed fair or unfair, positive or negative, right or wrong. Perception doesn’t come into place here; it is pride that leads your life in here. It is a man’s pride that kills a million warriors. Yes, especially for me. Let us look from this point of angle; having a same age guy greeting someone of your age: SIR!!! Worst to worst, some are unreasonable. Rank is higher, so I am stronger than you in term of winning this game. In fact, once stepping into here, I had already lost the game. A game that had been long planned a game that had already determined a loser, which am me. Do I have the chance to shout back, even the higher rank are wrong? Nope. To think that life is fair in there is a total fairyland dream.

As I always tell my bunkmate, if I would be someone like the higher rank personnel, I would treat them better; or rather try not to use my rank as a threat. Reason being that once you take off your uniform, you jolly well becomes a civilian outside, we are equal after all. Like what one lecturer once told me: “You never know when you need me.” Imagine yourself being arrogant in there, and one day I am your superior in your work life. Imagine your kids entering here one day and having the same treatment you given to us. Imagine yourself suffering like never before. This is probably the last time I would talk about this.

Moving on from here, let’s look into my daily routine.

0515: Wake up call by Mr. Bed 10, Iszhar.
0515 – 0535: Fold mosquitoes net, pull bed sheet, brush teeth, wash face.
0545: Fall in for 5BX or CPT and 1.6km run.
0615: Change into Admin t-shirt and head for breakfast.
0645: Rush to the bunk to take toilet paper and run to the toilet like never before.
0650 – 0730: Area cleaning, smell the aroma of the toilet… =(
0745: Fall in for first parade.
0800: First lesson.
1000: Company admin till lunch
1115: Pull up time
1130: Lunch; CHICKEN… Yuck.
1200: Sleeping time
1315: Second lesson
1515: Third lesson
1715: Pull up time
1730: Dinner; CHICKEN… Yuck.
1800: Company admin
1900: Last parade
2000: Talk cock, sing song, fight, and wash clothes, punishments, sleep.

In fact all this daily routine is so monotonous, but yet I pretty much love and hate it. Everything is planned and nothing to worry about, but yet you will feel like a prisoner, or rather a zombie with no rights to fight back. You can fight back but remember to bear the consequences later. Thus you can only remorse at one corner and pray that one day the lord with appear and help you.

Lastly, let’s move on to my progress these 4 months.

Had my rifle shooting, did relatively well.
Learnt the fundamental of throwing a hand grenade.
Did BCCT, some martial art.
Road march till 6km.
Games day.
Recruit evening.
Parade and parade.
Punishment from the higher rank.
Have a huge fear for chicken and rice.
Hit my 2 digit weight mark.
Make many friends.
Be more patient.
Gain more pimples.
Social net working.
Be yourself.

What is coming up?

Field camp next Thursday.
Sis-test (camping again.)
Throwing of Hand grenade.
Road march; 8km, 12km, 16km, 24km.
Parade and more parade.
Games day.
Recruit evening.
Hate chicken even more.
Lose more weight.
Does at least one pull up?
Increase in amount of pimples.
Sleepless night.
POP!!!!

In conclusion, though I know the days ahead may be a total new experience for me. Life may have a total 360 degree change, tougher. But I will be stronger and positive. Yes monster is back. My mom knows who I am referring to. He will torture us like never before. But I believe my friends are there to support each other. In fact I am very lucky to have a large amount of friends out there supporting me. Sms-ing me as always, making effort to meet up with me, giving me postcard, and etc. GO GO GO Gab!!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home